[Wine] [CoD:Black Ops] - Using STEAM, Keyboard Not Work In Full Screen?

Jesse Palser SLNTHERO at AOL.com
Fri Dec 3 14:53:55 CST 2010

[CoD:Black Ops] - Using STEAM, Keyboard Not Work In Full Screen?

Hi,

I can't run Black Ops in full screen under current Wine.
I'm using Valve's Steam client which is the issue.
I have to log into Steam client to play the game.

After I run game, Steam steals the keyboard focus
and I am stuck in the game (full screen) with no exit?
(have to reset my computer to get out of it)

I've tried to play the game in a small 1024x768 window,
but its too slow (not slow, I mean choppy)

To get the game running good I need to be able to use full screen.

Here is my system:
- Ubuntu 10.10 32bit Linux
- 3.0GHz Core 2 Extreme
- 8GB RAM
- 1GB Geforce GT 240
- Current proprietary nVidia drivers
- Current Wine 1.3.8

It rumored that Valve will be releasing a Steam client for Linux.
Don't really want to have to wait for that...
Anyone know of a work-around?

Jesse