[Wine] Re: Battlefield 2 startup crash

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 3 19:34:40 CST 2010

mikefromhayward wrote:
> ... I have installed the ATI drivers in wine...

Say WTF??!!

What Catalyst version have you installed (presumably in your Linux distro and not in Wine)?? What ATI GPU/graphics card model do you have?

Also I presume you mean Wine 1.3.6 (Wine 1.36 is some ways off...)

Can you perchance post some console output? That would help pin down the startup problem most quickly.

I feel your pain as it took me weeks to get BF2 working on my system. It still has some graphical glitches and that's with an Nvidia 8800 GTX w/ latest blob drivers!! Also I presume you are aware that multiplayer on Punk Buster enabled servers is still a no go...

Bob