[Wine] Re: [1.2] Trying to run MAFIA II under wine

goldsteal wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 4 13:23:49 CST 2010

Hello guys !

I am totally new to Wine but I have to admit that I thought there would be more problems with it - a lot of he things I tried so far worked pretty well.

A few hours ago I tried to install Mafia II ...
Done. So far...

Then I of course wanted to play but now the Mafua II doesn't ask me to install Physx -which is good- and then it fails. I couldn't even the main menu.

I know that in the AppDB it is rated is "trash" or "bronze" - so I googled and found this thread. Kairhos for you it worked though ... Any ideas what I could try in addition to the workarround mentioned in your post?

Btw.: Operating System: Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat | wine version: Wine 1.3

Greetings,
Goldsteal - A complete noob ...