[Wine] Re: Error loading mfc42.dll - failed (error c000007b)

cpighin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 6 02:09:20 CST 2010

:) Vitamin,

because I am not expert and I don't want to do confused actions, I need an expert that guides me step by step. So, since you appears to be more expert than me, if you ensure your patient help I will follow your instructions.

I take this occasion to recall that, before installing the actual version of Wine, I was used to run the previous one as SU and it was working. I am confident that if I do the same with the actual Wine installation, it will work, but I learned that it is not a good practice to start Wine as SU.

Can you explain why I get en error message using command:
wine "c:\\Programmi\\Birthday Reminder\\bday.exe"
as normal user and not if I use it as SU?

Claudio  :)