[Wine] Re: Backbuffer problem troubles SimCity4 RH/Deluxe

A Nonny Moose wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 6 20:26:39 CST 2010

lspci says
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 760G [Radeon 3000]
This is one of the apparently new AMD/ATI fusion chip sets.

I have already tried setting the size in the registry per the instruction on the wiki page.

I do have a work around, and just played without interruption for two hours.  I set the program into software rendering.  My machine is fast enough so that there is no appreciable difference, except there are no more Crash to Desktop events.

Before the graphics related CTD's I often get error codes from the game.  I wish I knew what they are: L"6" and L"7".  the L"7" appears to indicate a fatal error and a dump is taken (useless thing, no good info without a load map).

Should it befall, auspiciously, that someone has a list of the programs error codes with their meaning, I would be forever grateful.