[Wine] WoW - Ubuntu 10.10 - ATI HD5770

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 8 08:31:33 CST 2010

SebScoFr <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>What I did then was install d3dx9 using winetricks, delete my WoW config.WTF file and restart the game.

This does not 'solve' the problem, but rather masks the missing code in Wine.  It would be great if one of the WoW folks visited Wine's Bugzilla and updated any existing WoW bug for DirectX and advised what is/is not working and included a logging file so that developers are advised of successes/failures in the current state of Wine's DirectX implementation.

>I can now set almost all graphics to Ultra, except liquid quality which is stucked to Fair. I'm pretty sure this is a
>directx9 related issue since (I think) dx9 doesn't support shader model higher than version 3 (and that option requires 4
>or 5).

This may require a higher version of DirectX than DirectX v9.  Maybe 10 or 11.  Since I don't work with games (mainly) but productivity programs, I cannot give a positive statement where this is implemented.

James McKenzie