[Wine] Sufficient Security Privileges

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 9 08:44:57 CST 2010

nishmeh <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>I am trying to run a specific windows program on Ubuntu 8.10 with wine installed. But I am getting the error message as
>you do not have sufficient security privileges to install on this computer. please contact your site administrator, or log
>off and log on again as an administrator and try again.

Wine runs all programs as Administrator with the privileges of the Linux/UNIX user you are running Wine as.  Interesting that you are receiving this error.

Again, what program are you trying to run (check the Applications Database for hints and current status of this program) and Wine version (wine --version will give you this information from a terminal console session.)

James McKenzie