[Wine] Error loading mfc42.dll - failed (error c000007b)

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 9 12:06:51 CST 2010

cpighin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Than I tried again to run Birthday Reminder and ... it worked as expected even if with a fixme issue that I don't> >understand.
>Code:
>claudio at Aspire-8530:~$ wine "c:\\Programmi\\Birthday Reminder\\bday.exe"
>fixme:ole:DllRegisterServer stub
>claudio at Aspire-8530:~$

This fixme can be ignored unless your program is not running correctly.

As for system behavior, what video card are you using?  nVidia GPUs are best, AMD/ATI so-so and Intel are the worst for use with Wine.  (Not that they are a bad product, this is based on the quality of Intel drivers versus nVidia drivers.)

James McKenzie