[Wine] How to recompile Wine on ARM

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Fri Dec 10 09:03:16 CST 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 07:04 -0700, James Mckenzie wrote:
> There may be some Windows CE applications that are compiled to run on
> the ARM architecture, but I'm not aware of any.

Almost all are at a guess. The devices I'm most familiar with are
Binatone PNAs which use the SIRTF ATLAS II processor chip, which is an
ARM, and run Windows Mobile 5 or 6 and the iPAQ range, which are all
based on ARM/XSCALE chips, PPC2000, PPC2002 or Windows Mobile 2003.

The applications I use on them (both are navigation applications) have
to be compiled for ARM CPUs and different binaries depending on the OS.
Both apps also come with an X.86/Windows executable so they can be run
on a Windows box for familiarisation, testing maps and for use with the
Condor flight simulator.

IOW, both the ARM version of Wine and the ARM app will need to be run
under an ARM emulator on a Linux box.

Martin