[Wine] Wine is using onboard graphic card instead of the "real" one

Arakash wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 11 20:43:02 CST 2010

hi,
I'm trying for some time to get a few games to run and it seems like Wine wants to use my onboard graphic card (ATI HD 3200) instead of my ATI HD 5670. The reason i think that is a) sometimes when launching Starcraft 2 it tells me that the driver for my graphics card HD3200 is out of date and that i should update, and b) i found this when i tried launching Natural Selection 2.:
> Build 159
> Starting Natural Selection 2
> RenderDevice: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (8.14.10.741)

I already tried to change VideoPciVendorID and VideoPciDeviceID, but when i type "lspci -n" it only finds one graphics card (:0300):

Code:

00:00.0 0600: 1022:9600
00:02.0 0604: 1022:9603
00:05.0 0604: 1022:9605
00:11.0 0106: 1002:4390
00:12.0 0c03: 1002:4397
00:12.1 0c03: 1002:4398
00:12.2 0c03: 1002:4396
00:13.0 0c03: 1002:4397
00:13.1 0c03: 1002:4398
00:13.2 0c03: 1002:4396
00:14.0 0c05: 1002:4385 (rev 3a)
00:14.1 0101: 1002:439c
00:14.2 0403: 1002:4383
00:14.3 0601: 1002:439d
00:14.4 0604: 1002:4384
00:14.5 0c03: 1002:4399
00:18.0 0600: 1022:1200
00:18.1 0600: 1022:1201
00:18.2 0600: 1022:1202
00:18.3 0600: 1022:1203
00:18.4 0600: 1022:1204
01:00.0 0300: 1002:68d8
01:00.1 0403: 1002:aa60
02:00.0 0200: 1969:1026 (rev b0)
03:01.0 0401: 1102:0004 (rev 04)
03:01.1 0980: 1102:7003 (rev 04)
03:01.2 0c00: 1102:4001 (rev 04)

so i used 0x68d8 as my DeviceID and 0x1002 as my VendorID (as i presume that this is in fact my HD5670). But it still tells me that the rendering device is HD 3200.  I have the newest drivers (10.11) for my 5670 and my OS is ubuntu 10.10.

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

thanks,
Ara