[Wine] Playonlinux and Office 2007

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 12 18:01:25 CST 2010

GNU_Raziel <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>A good example is 1.2.2-MousePatch build, a mandatory patch to make Mass Effet 1&2 and Borderlands to be playable. Without this
>patch you cannot turn 360°.

Some of these patches have not been included because the are 'hacks' and break other programs.  POL/POM has a good policy of building programs into different Wine prefixes, but how are you keeping track of the different Wine builds.  (This might be a good topic for Wine Developers, not Wine Users for the time being.)

>Like qparis said, he will upadte POL/POM so it generate clear logs, which will, for sure, include bug ID when a patch is used so
>you will be able to track it down easily.

As I stated to qparis, it has been discussed here, at length, that we would rather the reports go to POL/POM and then Wine.  That way you folks will be aware of what is or is not working and the POL/POM project can consolidate Wine bug reports.  This would dimish user frustration and keep information in a proper channel.

What does qparis and you think of the application of this process?  Again, it is my opinion (and from what I've read the opinion of other Wine Developers/testers.)

James McKenzie