[Wine] Re: No Sound in Spotify with WINE

achookang wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 13 01:05:28 CST 2010

markofealing wrote:
> Upgrading stock Wine 1.2 which ships with Ubuntu 10.10 to Wine 1.3 Beta had now fixed audio playback in Spotify.
>
> See http://www.winehq.org/download/deb for upgrade instructions.

Has anyone else had success with the above? I have had the 1.3.8 beta installed for a while and it still was giving me an error message when trying to configure & test the sound in Wine config, or when trying to use Spotify.

Also what is the difference between Wine1.3 and Wine1.3-gecko. The latter (even though it is called 1.3-gecko) seems to be 1.1 as the latest version.

I'm confused.