[Wine] Re: The perils of GMAX

A Nonny Moose wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 14 10:23:05 CST 2010

It would have taken me weeks of digging to find out what you did in a day or so.  I am not current on either the innards of wine nor the current windows stuff anymore.  Being retired does have its drawbacks.

I have another problem and I wonder if I can just do a reinstall.  In order to pick up 1.3.9 properly on my production system, I had to manually remove 1.3.8 from my system (I hunted it down using the PATH variable).  Every time I tried an install from synaptic it reverted, somehow, to 1.3.8 (probably because I recompiled it and did an manual install to pick up a new ia32 library).

Since I was already in a console, I did an apt-get install.  The X11 (gdm) menu now does not show wine at all, though running from console doesn't bother me much.  However, I would have thought the install would have put it there.  The reason I wanted 1.3.9 on my production system is so my testbed could share files.  I now get to reinstall all the apps, but I have them so it is not a problem as I now have the same version on both loads.