[Wine] Outlook Express

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 14 10:58:51 CST 2010

doh123 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>I could understand you wanting to get Outlook (not Express) to work... but Outlook Express?  Thunderbird does all of it
>and more and is much much better...  the answers might amount to "use Thunderbird" because it is the best answer in that
>situation.

And it crashes in Wine, spectacularly.  Outlook Express uses 'hooks' into the operating system which are internal to Microsoft.

I agree Thunderbird/Evolution is a much better solution.  Both are supported and work better with Linux/MacOSX/Solaris.  Better to 'go native' at this point in time.

BTW, Outlook Express is crashing in riched20.dll.

James McKenzie