[Wine] Re: Joystick functionality in Wine for Mac OS

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 14 17:16:24 CST 2010

crazy_dave wrote:

> Again, nothing happened. I've also tried various names for my joystick - for instance "Logitech Logitech Extreme 3D" vs "Logitech Logitech Extreme 3D Pro". For some reason the command: "WINEDEBUG=+dinput wine game.exe 2>&1" doesn't work in my terminal - it just says command wine not found.

I still need to add in a way to choose debug channels on running... right now there is no way to run it.  The wine command wont work on the command line because you don't have Wine installed anywhere in the path.  If you want to run the Wine build in Wineskin via command line, you'd have to run it directly in X11.app or Xquartz.app xterm.  You'd have to add the Wine bin folder thats in the WineskinEngine.bundle to the PATH, then you could use it... its not terribly easy.

If you want to do tests that are viable for support here, you really need to just install Wine and run it yourself and not use Wineskin.  Thats really easiest to do with Macports, and everything will run through X11.app or Xquartz.app... all controlled command line.