[Wine] {ActiveX}{VBscript}{scarddlg.dll}Fail to open html pages with VBscript and ActiveX using wine builtin IE

Qian Hong fracting at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 08:15:10 CST 2010

Dear All,

I have some problem using my online bank (IE only) with wine builtin IE.
Here is the link:
https://mybank.icbc.com.cn/icbc/enperbank/index.jsp

This page runs well in wine Microsoft IE,  follow these steps:
*ENV*:
wine1.3.9 from wine ppa
winetricks_r2045
Ubuntu 10.10 x86_64

1. download winetricks_r2045 from
http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn-history/r2045/trunk/winetricks (
Thanks DanKegel a lot !)
2.$winetricks mfc42 ie6 , install mfc42 and MSIE
3. download scarddlg.dll from
http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/S/scarddlg.dll/5.1.2600.2180/download.html
    copy scarddlg.dll to system32/
4. download icbc_netbank_client_controls.exe from
http://www.icbc.com.cn/icbc/html/download/dkq/icbc_netbank_client_controls.exe
$wine icbc_netbank_client_controls.exe  , install
icbc_netbank_client_controls.exe

After these,
5. wine iexplore https://mybank.icbc.com.cn/icbc/enperbank/index.jsp
Then everything looks well, I can login with my username and password.

However, if I try to use wine builtin IE, something goes wrong.

1. $winetricks mfc42
2. copy scarddlg.dll to system32/
3. download and install  icbc_netbank_client_controls.exe
4. wine iexplore https://mybank.icbc.com.cn/icbc/enperbank/index.jsp
This seems not work, wine builtin IE will aways show a blank page.
please check out iexplore.log in attachment.

Need some help,please.
Thanks a lot!

--
Regards,