[Wine] {ActiveX}{VBscript}{scarddlg.dll}Fail to open html pages with VBscript and ActiveX using wine builtin IE

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 16 08:56:42 CST 2010

Qian Hong <fracting at gmail.com> wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>However, if I try to use wine builtin IE, something goes wrong.
>
>1. $winetricks mfc42
>2. copy scarddlg.dll to system32/
>3. download and install  icbc_netbank_client_controls.exe
>4. wine iexplore https://mybank.icbc.com.cn/icbc/enperbank/index.jsp
>This seems not work, wine builtin IE will aways show a blank page.
>please check out iexplore.log in attachment.

Your log file was stripped.  Attachments of this type are not sent to the mailing list.  Please post it to a site like pastebin.com and then provide us with the URL to the file.

Also, be advised that ActiveX support is a work in progress and some things will not work with Wine's built-in IE, yet.

James McKenzie