[Wine] Recommended processor for running wine

jadamso wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 18 10:19:55 CST 2010

Hey everyone.

I'm currently in the process of trying to decide configuration for a new build.
It will primarily be used for pro-audio work (editing, samples, etc). Unfortunately pretty much everything out there is for Windows/Mac but I do know that some should work under Wine.

My question is whether anyone can recommend the best set-up to utilise wine. Should I go for a fast single core or a multicore processor. Can you open and run concurrent wine applications and have them assigned to a single core?

Any help would be appreciated.

J.