[Wine] Re: Icons, Xrender, Flash, Firefox, how to resolve problems

xenginebuilder wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 19 14:13:40 CST 2010

Thunderbird wrote:
> Are you using a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of Ubuntu? How did you get your Wine (from a package or did you build it yourself)?
>
> When you are getting the XRender warning it means that either Wine was not able to load the XRender library OR XRender is not enabled in your Xserver. Though XRender not being enabled in the Xserver is quite strange. Even if a driver doesn't accelerate XRender, then there is always a software fallback (though you could disable that, but I doubt that was done). So I would guess that you are missing a 32-bit XRender. Your Wine was definitely compiled with XRender support else you would have seen different warnings.

Thanks for your reply. My Ubuntu:
2.6.32-26-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Wed Nov 24 09:00:03 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
wine installed via synaptic from http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-wine/ppa/ubuntu repository via normal package update process.

Both screen shots can be generated by either my current .wine (my original older install) or .wine_new (fresh install). These behaviors occur depending on which install of wine I use to launch the program examples.
If Xrender works with one, then the other is "unable to load the Xrender library", how can I change this? Is there a symbolic link missing or broken?