[Wine] noob here :)

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 19 20:56:53 CST 2010

lmcf <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>when im trying to execute the command give me an error look :
>

>elcapri at elcapri1:~/Documents$ wine start /home/elcapri/Documents/warcraft 3/Frozen Throne.exe

First: change directories to where you want to run the program from.
Second: You don't need to use the start program.
Third:  You need to set the executable bit (x) by typing in:

chmod u+x Throne.exe after changing to the directory where the file resides.  (Also, the Documents directory is a real strange place to put an executable file.)

You might also want to look over the Warcraft 3 Applications Database entry to see if there are other steps you should take prior to trying to install this program.

James McKenzie