[Wine] Re: The Next Big Thing - Bug: xmllite.dll.CreateXmlWriter

Chris-WF wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 20 19:34:02 CST 2010

Oh, you are right!

Cleaned the .wine folder, and run LC_ALL="en_GB.UTF-8" before every necessary command the game-demo works as expected. Just have the same
c115304824b76b4810cf0102effe6897  ./xmllite.dll as my test before. But maybe something was different.

The Installation of xmllite with winetricks works, but don't free my bash, so i had to push ctrl and c. But this effort the Installer-GUI of xmllite report a "installation finished, all done".

DanKegel wrote:
> It sounds like I should try the game. Where does one get it?

Oh its not a beta its just a DEMO-File. As i described it will released end January 2011 in Germany and i don't know when there will be a english Version of the game.

OK, the english Version should be release on March 25th, 2011 (http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/113/1135488p1.html)

The Demo-File i got was available on a server, but now its down. And since you "have to buy another game, to get the key to download this demo" i am a tad unsure if i should/could place the demo legally on rapidshare or something else. So that you could download it.

Its a short (15 minutes?) demo of this game and i had only the german one. Since i preorder this game would love to see it working with wine on Linux. Now i hope that the copy protection is not a bigger issue or the game will work with steam that i can play it on Linux too. :)

As soon i got the game in my letter-box i'll report it in the application-database and here.

Thank you for your help DanKegel and your benefit/work on winetricks.