[Wine] D drive

thiebo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 21 07:01:42 CST 2010

Hello all,

I have installed Wine on Opensuse 10.3 and it works great. I need it to use a historical research program where the utility is on the C:/ drive and the data on the D:/ drive.

So, the program works on a very old Window 98 computer and in order to use it, the CD with data on it must be in the CD drive.

I installed Wine, copied the all the files in /home/me/.wine/c_drive/windows/ according to the install.log file that is present on the old windows 98 computer.

When running the programm with wine, the programm launches, BUT, it asks me to insert the CD in the drive. But the CD is in the drive!

So I tried to change things by running configure wine, and indicating that D:/ is on /home/me/.wine/d_drive

Without success again!

Does anybody have a clue why the program doesn't know where to find D:/ when running on wine?

Many thanks in advance,

Thiebo