[Wine] Testing Starcraft 2 newly release demo with Wine

thotheolh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 22 22:50:33 CST 2010

Hi. Starcraft 2 just released a free demo so I thought I would give Wine another chance to prove itself worthy (because whenever I try to install Beta or the actual Starcraft 2 - it could run but it's slow, laggy and many many black screens). Alas - despite following blogs and advises to adjust wine and use git to download latest source codes (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19376 or http://slickeel.wordpress.com/2010/06/02/starcraft-2-beta-wings-of-liberty-in-ubuntu-lucid-lynx-with-wine/), it always have black screen problems where the screen is mostly black.

[img]http://ahb.me/1eDT[/img]

The above image is an example where I finally got into the campaign mode and the map over my own base supposedly with structures and units (those portion which should have images) is black (which should not be the case).

Wine version: wine-1.3.9-279-g1cc4682
Linux OS: Linux 2.6.32-27-generic (i386), GNOME, Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS
Processor: Intel Dual Core
RAM: 2.0 GB
Maker: HP / Compaq Presario C700

Why am I getting black screen ?