[Wine] could someone help me make a japanese game run?

sanzoh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 23 07:35:29 CST 2010

my distribution is fedora 14 with a locale of utf8-us?, which was configured in a setup process long long ago.
the game was scripted in many japan character, mostly, in comments. anyhow it fails at startup, weither it is done through 'wine game.exe' or 'winefile -> move file to c:\somewhere -> double click game.exe'.

i've google out it seems i'd change locale of my system to got it streight? is it true?
and i think i'v been an linux cowerd to challenge any locale change for the total year's linux experence.. if i had to configure my locale, how to do it to make change with limited effects only to the-game-running-on-a-Wine-instance? that, i want keep utf8.us machine-wide.

thanks in advance.