[Wine] Just Cause segfaults

bj0 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 24 14:43:16 CST 2010

I was trying to get this older game to work.  There are 2 entries in appdb, one says it works fine and the other says it doesn't work, but neither give any useful information.

When I launch the game it goes to the main menu fine, but when I click 'new game' it goes to a loading screen and after a little bit it segfaults.

After talking to someone in the irc channel, I tried attaching winedbg to the process while at the menu and then crashing it, but the backtrace was empty.

Is there another way to get more information about why it's crashing?