[Wine] Trying to run DDO on Ubuntu 10.10

Remy540 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 24 20:50:27 CST 2010

Hello all. I have been searching forums, reading how-tos, and googling constantly for the last week but have yet to find a solution to, or even the cause of my problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok the problem,
Everything installs and runs great. But after about 2-5 minutes of gameplay the screen freezes and goes B&W. Sound continues like the game is still running. Once it froze and stayed in color. I've made about 10+ attempts with diff settings so far. I can stay at the character selection screen as long as I like no problem. I have been using medium graphics settings. Game starts with very high settings by default.

Current software,
-Ubuntu 10.10 AMD64
-ATI/AMD proprietarty FGLRX graphics driver (installed thru the ubuntu additional drivers tool)
-DDO update 8 standard res downloaded on 12/15/10 (Used a seperate windows pc to download and copied install folder over to this pc)
-Wine 1.3 (installed thru Ubuntu Software Center)
-PyLotRO (also installed thru Ubuntu Software Center)

Current hardware
-CPU AMD Athlon 2.8Ghz Dual Core
-RAM 2GB
-Motherboard ASUS M4A78-EM
-Graphics card ATI Radeon HD 3850 512MB

If anyone needs more info or wants to know what I have tried so far let me know. As far as something like a debug log you will need to tell me how/where to find it.