[Wine] ATI Graphics card

solo2101 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 25 21:52:27 CST 2010

hello everyone

Please pardon my ignorance, i new in the forum, new to Linux and to WINE...

i know that Linux and WINE are not in love with ATI cards (yet), but i recently install the newer proprietary drivers (10-12) and so far it seems fine under Linux, i have 3D acceleration and everything, i even install compiz and it awesome... also under wine I install a game and it work really nice, didn't have to mess with any dlls, to install it, run it and even playing it.

except that there were some important textures missing, (like the enemies shooting at you... they're invisible... lol )

i bet that with a Nvidia card it would work just fine.

so like i said before i know that WINE doesn't work to well under ATI, but is there any suggestion that i can follow?

I don't have the budget to switch to a Nvidia card right now.

any suggestion will be really appreciate.. thanks.