[Wine] Re: Wine 1.3.10 erroring out

Maquis196 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 26 15:32:59 CST 2010

Well I did... same issue.

As for it being the normal way, it's pretty much what portage does, it uses the regular nvidia install file and passes it "silent install" options.

I did recompile my kernel using gcc 4.5, that hasn't made a difference either.

However, I did some more testing, I do agree it's the graphics drivers but I don't know how to proceed. The games that require 64bit opengl work perfectly but older 32bit linked games simply fail.

I tried it with x2 and that failed.

Code:

{
	[0xf777c400]
	./x2(XOpenDisplay+0xa3e) [0x8050972]
	./x2() [0x8053346]
	./x2() [0x8101faf]
	/lib32/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe6) [0xf7499cc6]
	./x2(XMapRaised+0x3d) [0x804ffd1]
}

I'm going to upgrade glibc on my laptop and go from there. This appears to be more of a gcc 4.5 compiling latest glibc problem, I didn't think this was with wine but good place to ask for help!