[Wine] Re: Photoshop Elements 7

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 29 09:39:07 CST 2010

Gear-actua wrote:
> Ok to start I'm a noob. Not a complete noob, but you may as well assume I wont know how to do something more complex than opening a terminal.
>
> I just switched my own computer to ubuntu and I wanted to bring along my copy of pse7 if possible. I followed the guide listed here
>
> http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/idiots-guide-installing-photoshop-cs5-ubuntu-1004/
>
> and after a few fumbles and near miss steps I finally got it to install. Unfortunately, it wont run-or at least not to completion. I got it to update. but I can get it to run. I click the edit button and it attempts to run but freezes at initializing suites.
>
> Now im having trouble unistalling it from the wine ..shell?
> A little help please?

First, outside howtos are not supported here; the only ones we support are in the AppDB. Second, why were you following a guide for Photoshop CS5 when trying to install Photoshop Elements? They are not the same.

Wine's uninstaller doesn't work very well. Delete ~/.wine and start over without any tweaks. I also recommend upgrading Wine to 1.3.10.