[Wine] Re: how to patch wine

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 29 16:06:41 CST 2010

tac28 wrote:
> well i already have wine.  not sure what you mean by dependencies.  how do i know if i have the source code?

The Wine you have, presumably installed from a distro package, is not what you need. To patch Wine, you have to build it yourself: download the source code either from git or in a tarball, apply the patch, then build it. The section of the FAQ that I referred you to has links to pages detailing all of these steps. You are going to have to read all of them and follow the directions.