No subject

Fri Dec 17 08:58:42 CST 2010

Your distro's wine package will not, in general be the latest available
Wine version but, if the distro maintainers aren't asleep at the switch,
this should be upgraded every few weeks.

I have two RedHat Fedora releases installed because I play distro
leapfrog on my two Linux boxes. The last time I explicitly installed
Wine on either box was when I did a clean Linux install of the
then-current distro. I run a yum upgrade every week, so what is shown
below is a fair reflection of the Wine version in each of the Fedora
repos:

Fedora 13	wine-1.3.9
Fedora 14	wine-1.3.10
Wine latest	wine-1.3.11