[Wine] windows dlls

paintbalforjesus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 1 19:30:04 CST 2010

I'm a junior in college majoring in computer science and thinking about doing my Independent Study on something with WINE.  I'm a huge linux supporter and I want to be able to use everything I can in windows in linux, but currently, I can't, clearly.

My idea is to make a program that will copy all of the native DLLs from my windows partition into my WINE directory and see if that makes programs work better.

Being that I know relatively little about how WINE actually works I don't know if this will work or not and would like some feedback on the feasibility of it.  Will it benefit WINE if I am successful?  Have attempts been made in the past that have failed?  If I do it successfully will I be able to run things like windows media player (bad example, just trying to think of a native windows program) in WINE?  Etc.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, I hope to be of help to the WINE and linux community