[Wine] Sound

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Mon Feb 1 13:29:05 CST 2010

SirRedTooth wrote:
> I recently installed wine and was looking forward to contributing to the project when I noticed that sound doesn't work.
>
> It is actually quite random, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't work and other times it has very bad quality.
>
> How can I solve this?
> And yes, I have tried a number of settings on the wine configuration and none of them seem to work.
>
> How do I know what configuration will work.. if any?
We don't have enough information to help you. What OS (and if the answer
is "Linux", what distro)? What version of Wine? Do you have PulseAudio
installed? If you do, get rid of it if you can. If not, which driver are
you using? Can you post some terminal output (NOTE: if it's too long,
post it on pastebin or some such website)?