[Wine] Internet Explorer starts without toolbar or menu

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Mon Feb 1 22:02:35 CST 2010

* dimesio <wineforum-user at winehq.org> [100201 17:55]:

> Tim Johnson wrote:
> >
> > IE starts up right away, but there is no toolbar or menu.
> >

> That's normal. Wine's IE doesn't have a toolbar or menu. It's not
> really meant for browsing, it's meant to provide html rendering
> for apps that need it. If you need a full browser, install Firefox
> in Wine.

  Say what! You're saying IE is not meant for browsing!
  Obviously you are not a web programmer. Every web programmer needs
  to be testing on *both* IE and firefox. On my previous OS, I ran
  IE out of Crossover with full toolbars and menus.

  I was therefore able to test both html rendering and javascript
  performance.

  I don't mean to appear brusque here but that is not the answer I
  was hoping for.

  Please don't tell me that you can't run IE out of wine with
  full features... <please>

  regards
--
Tim