[Wine] Re: Need help to get LCDHype flying with Parallel-Port

lsmod wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 2 04:42:21 CST 2010

Sorry - up to now i didn't study the kernel parallel port stuff.
But i will try to get more knowledge how this works.
As i have understund, the interface must be set into the right mode (ECC, EPP, ...).
Then it can be accessed over different functions - correct?

What i also cannot understand is why the InpOut32.dll will help?
Should it help in NT+ or Win* emulation?
As you have written the NT+ should never work, because the functionality of kernel interfacing is not implemented.

In the time between i tried out some other simple things.
I tried out to pass data direct to /dev/lp0 with the simple shell-command

Code:
echo "A" > /dev/lp0

This works with no error if an LCD-Display is connected to the parport.
When no display is connected the command hangs. I think the reason is that there is no busy-signal on the line.

After that i remember another old problem trying to use the parport in wine and tested this again:
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=39025

I would say that there is generally no access to the parport in wine now.

Karsten