[Wine] Problems with Office Viewer

andrebatagelo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 2 05:16:36 CST 2010

Hi I'm from Brazil and I'm testing with sidux lxde to put it in a library of a university, but the detail is that there can be installed any text editor on the machines, however, students have the right to view articles that in many cases are in DOC format and also some PPT presentations.

So, I thought to install the Office Viewer through Wine. The same was properly installed, the Viewer Word, Excel and Power Point. But if I download a DOC file and give two clicks on it and ask to open the show with Microsoft Word, it displays the message "command error". If you get the view and ask to open that file it opens, but if I give 2 clicks right, gives error.

Someone could tell me some way to click 2 times on the file doc, xls or ppt, it will open directly to those viewers installed through Wine?

Any help will be grateful. I thank the attention of everyone who moves to help.

Thanks for now.

PS: I had to translate through google, I do not speak English. Grateful.