[Wine] CANT UNINSTALL WINE!! HELP!!

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 3 20:01:52 CST 2010

Das Letzte Einhorn wrote:
> marlindaniel wrote:
>
>> HI.....I can't say whether I can provide you the information to your question but can post my experience regarding wine installation in linux.
>> sudo apt-get install wine
>> You could also use Synaptic (available in the menus somewhere) to search for it and install it.
>>

> He is on MAC, not Linux. I doubt that these systems use the same commands.

I will confirm they don't.

If you installed using MacPorts

Sudo port wine uninstall

If you installed using Fink

Fink wine uninstall
or
Fink wine purge

If you used WineBottler or Darwine:

Open the Applications folder and drag the appropriate object to the
Trash.  Empty the trash.

If you used vanilla wine:

cd to the directory with the installation files:

make uninstall
make clean
(resets the installation directory so no executable objects remain.)

If you used ANY OTHER method, you are on your own. (That means contact
the author and ask how to remove.)

James McKenzie