[Wine] Streaming NetFlix Movies to a Linux Computer

Jim Hall volunteer.jim at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 16:48:59 CST 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Dr.C <drahciream at aol.com> wrote:

> Seeking suggestions for instantly watching NETFLIX movies on a
> Linux-operated computer.
>
> What about using an IE6 install with IEs4Linux under a recent WINE release?
>
> Other ideas?  Thanks.

I've been told that Netflix uses Silverlight, an MS only plugin (I'm not
sure if it will work with IE6). Netflix and MS are heavily committed to the
DRM, which Linux is not. So, no Netflix on Linux.

I suppose you could contact Netflix and tell them that they are losing 10%
of their potential market with this nonsense. Otherwise I, at least, haven't
heard anything else.

Jim