[Wine] c: browser inaccessible

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 08:02:33 CST 2010

> I just installed Wine from the ubuntu package (under Kubuntu) and tried to make the configuration.
> I cannot reach to open the c: browser.

Not sure what you mean by that. Probably you mean the ubuntu Drive C:
link. This is a ubuntu addition and not standard wine.

If you can't fix that and want to look at your drive c: go to your
home drive. Turn on browsing of hidden files. Go to the .wine folder
in your home drive then drive_c

>Wine seems working a few seconds and then nothing happens. That situation occurs also with some windows programs, some others are working correctly.

Run your application in a terminal. See the wine faq for that:

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal

John