[Wine] Running wine via php

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Feb 8 04:37:40 CST 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-08 at 03:16 -0600, asmith wrote:
> I'm trying to run a command with wine via php:
> Code:
>
> <?php
> $test = shell_exec('wine c:\\\\program.exe');
> echo $test;
> ?>
>
> It doesn't work. but the same command : wine c:\\program.exe
> Works fine in the SSH directly.
>
> I tried with php shell_exec('wine --version') and I received my wine
> version but can't run the program through my browser (php).

The set of environmental variables available in a webserver environment
are often very different from those available after a login. Have you
tried displaying them via php: "$test=shell_exec('env');" might work.
Compare that with the set you'd see by running env from a command prompt
and think about the effect the differences might have on wine.

I don't use nginx or php, but the Apache CGI tutorial warns that this is
a frequent source of problems.

Martin