[Wine] Running wine via php

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Feb 8 05:26:53 CST 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-08 at 05:04 -0600, asmith wrote:
> Thanks for the replay.
>
> I compared them:
>
> PWD in shell is /root, with php is the document root of my site.
> HOME in shell is /root, with php is /var/www
> PATH in shell is /usr/lib/kde4/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin but in php it is /sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin
>
> Another vairable in shell is:
> _=/usr/bin/env
> in php:
> _=/etc/init.d/php-fastcgi
>
> Should I change these for php and how? and how to set them b ack after
> I ran the program?

Do you see any error messages?
Is your webserver writing anything useful to the error log?

If so, that should help you figure out which environment variables need
changing.

As I said, I don't know php, but I'd guess that anything you set between
the <php> tags gets discarded once the PHP script has been run, so:
- try setting environment variables before calling shell_exec()
- alternatively, try writing a wrapper shell script that sets the
  environment and runs wine and shell_exec() that instead.

Martin