[Wine] GTA San Andreas on Mac-PLEASE READ!

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 8 15:44:31 CST 2010

>From: cwmatt123 wrote at Feb 8, 2010 2:36 PM (PNT) about [Wine]  GTA San Andreas on Mac:
>
>I am trying to run my modified no-cd v.1.0 GTA San Andreas game on my aluminum unibody Intel processor
>(Nvidia gpu) mac using Wine Bottle. I got it to work once and then, after adding my saved game files
>to the Documents folder, I couldn't get it to run again.
First:  This may or may not be a Wine problem but moving files into the Documents directory on a Macintosh should be approached with extreme caution.  Most games save files in a specific directory.  I found saved games in $HOME/<program name> and in directories in $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/<Program Name>.
>It just kept loading the blue virtual desktop and then crashing!!! I cant seem to pull myself away
>from this problem and i have been working on it all day!!! I have other things i need to be doing and
>I am getting more and more aggravated by the second, mainly because it seems to be something stupid
>that i'm missing, and I haven't played my favorite game in over a week, when I ended up screwing up my
>bootcamp partition by installing back track linux (fitting name: it back tracks all the way to before
>MS-DOS ) next to it in the hopes of triple-booting!!!!!!
This is not a Wine problem and Apple may actually tell you that this was a bad idea in the first place.

>Could somebody please walk me through the steps necessary to run my game with Wine before i go
>insane????

Sorry, but you might have to go to Mike's web site and file an issue in the Trac that he runs if removing the saved games files from your Documents folder does not work.  Mike will file an issue if there is a detectible problem with the Wine code.

James McKenzie