[Wine] Re: Running wine via php

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 8 23:20:23 CST 2010

asmith wrote:
> I ran that program in shell: wine program2.exe, and I received the text.

You ran that as what user?

asmith wrote:
> Again I tested the same line in php, a blank screen. no output, no error.

In most systems apache and php running under highly restricted user with big memory restrictions. Also Wine needs to setup it's prefix on first run.

asmith wrote:
> in mean time I DO get output for:   'wine --version', or 'ls -al'

Well yeah, wine --version doesn't get any further then wine launcher itself which has version hardcoded during compile time.

Enable php logging in /etc/php.ini into a file. Make sure it's in place where user running apache can write into. See syslogs for apache itself.