[Wine] Re: Battlefield 1942 : No Fullscreen, Soundbugs, some lags

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 8 23:44:35 CST 2010

Kobe wrote:
> fixme:dinput:SysMouseAImpl_Acquire Clipping cursor to (0,0)-(800,600)
> Any hints how to get a fullscreen mode?

That message is harmless. If you want other resolutions configure them in xorg.conf and verify they are present in output of 'xrandr'. Make sure they do have refresh rate of 60 (not 50 - 1942 is bugged and want exactly 60Hz video modes). For that you'll need to disable twinview in xorg with:

Code:

Section "Device"
  Driver       "nvidia"
  Option       "DynamicTwinView" "FALSE"
EndSection

Kobe wrote:
> 2) I'm using OSS instead of ALSA.

Don't. Get rid of all crap that called pulseaudio - it is the source of all sound issued in Wine. Use ALSA directly kill all sound servers.

Kobe wrote:
> 3) During game there are some lags.

Wine has loads of issues. It's impossible to tell if any of them causing this lag. Or if it's drivers/sound/system.

Kobe wrote:
> 4) I enabled mouse-catch during DirectX games but when I move the cursor very quickly I break out of the game window. That shouldn't happen!

That option hasn't worked for the past 5 years. The code that looks at that option only used by very very old DDraw programs. And only in specific circumstances.