[Wine] Re: Battlefield 1942 : No Fullscreen, Soundbugs, some lags

Kobe wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 9 06:13:39 CST 2010

Hello jeffz

jeffz wrote:

> You are confused about the behavior of the app I think.   The main menu always uses the same resolution regardless, the settings refer to the resolution in game , not the resolution the game starts with/does intro movies etc.

You're telling BF1942 menu always has 800x600 and ingame there is the higher resolution? I will check this in WinXP, I doubt ...
I have strange fonts ingame and suppose it's caused by a wrong resolution: E.g. in wine and in the game I configured 1024x768 but after all it's rendered in 800x600, scaled up to 1024x768 => approximation, faulty fonts.

jeffz wrote:
> It's a problem with calculating the distance of the sounds relative to the listener, it is nothing to do with OSS or ALSA.

As I posted above with ALSA I had have more troubles. OSS works better. Maybe there is a better distance calculater?

jeffz wrote:
> What do you mean "lag", lag usually means network latency.
> I have never seen any problem with network latency.
>
> As far as framerate, some custom maps perform really poorly but all the ones shipped with the game/patches have been fine for me, on par with windows performance.

I have no framerate-counter but it should be a low framerate for some moments. It just looks like a (network) lag (though I doubt it's a network lag).
I installed all patches otherwise I couldn't play on most servers.