[Wine] Game- Fishdom H20 video problem

frwagner wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 9 17:19:57 CST 2010

My wife played this game -Fishdom H20- at her sister's and was caught up in it. It can be downloaded through Yahoo! Games.

We are trying to run it on 32 bit Ubuntu Karmic- newest wine version from Wine repo- on our laptop with Intel Centrino Duo, nvidia GE Force GO 7400 256 mb with newest driver from ppa.

The problem-- the game loads and plays with no problem, but its nature is to find objects which then allows you to place animated objects on the screen-"fill up the aquarium".

=====
These objects should be in a variety of colors, but under wine they only show up as bluish/grey. They do move about as they should.
=====

I have tried various wine configurations, and it has always been the same result.

Currently, I have wine configured with dotnet 20, ie6, & directx (dll's only) from winetricks. I have tried with full directx install as well. This configuration allows the program to run from its "launcher" exe and be registered, as well as be run from its main exe.

It doesn't matter how it is started, from launcher or main, the screen object coloring remains the same.

I have been searching for several days for possible configuration changes  and settled on the above so far, and am hoping someone might be able to offer some other suggestions.

The game will run via its main exe under default wine- the above config only allows you to run it via the launcher and register it- there are no other apparent changes.

Fred
wine newbie