[Wine] VAG-COM

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Wed Feb 10 08:03:31 CST 2010

fred44nl wrote:
> when I put an usb-stick in the usb-port, I get /dev/disk1, /dev/rdisk1 and /dev/disk1s1, /dev/rdisk1s1.
That's normal. The kernel (or one of its loaded drivers) detected the
stick as a disk-like device and created device files for it.
> when I connect the vag-com cable, there is no new entry in /dev.
Oh yeah, that right, you're running it on Mac OS X. On Mac OS X, the
only devices that get device files are disks and serial ports. If you
want a serial port device file to appear for the cable, you need to
install a driver (and I mean a native Mac OS X driver). You need to know
the type of chip(s) used in the cable (if any) so you know what to look
for. I can't provide that information, because I don't run VAG-COM.