[Wine] Re: ntdll.dll.so: invalid ELF header

ysa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 10 12:41:36 CST 2010

I read on http://wiki.winehq.com/Prelink that prelink is just used to modify the base address and does not have to be active at run time.

By looking at the source code of winegcc and setting the -v (verbose) option, I found out that prelink is called the following way after ntdll.dll.so has been compiled by gcc:

Code:

/usr/sbin/prelink --reloc-only 0x7bc00000 ntdll.dll.so

If one does not pass the the options "-Wl, --image-base,0x7bc0000" to winegcc, then prelink is not called.

Therefore I'm now convinced that prelink destroys my ntdll.dll.so.

I wonder which version of prelink would be needed for Wine to compile ntdll.dll.so correctly?

Btw. I tried to use the 32-bit-Debian version of prelink but that didn't change anything.