[Wine] gekkeiju online running, now just need shaders

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Wed Feb 10 14:04:22 CST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 21:29, tenclouds <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I probably could have done this without PlayOnLinux. Is there some reason why that program isn't recommended?

It is hard to support, since it changes Wine settings without
documenting the changes and it often use old Wine versions.

To diagnose probelms properly, log without any modifications gives the
best indication of which changes are needed.

If it works for you, good. If it doesn't work, you need to ask for
help elsewhere, since we don't always know if the problem is caused by
the potentially old version of Wine that PoL use, the settings they
applied, Wine, or the application. Forcing users to try without PoL
eliminates a lot of the uncertainties...

Gert