[Wine] Star Wars: Empire at War; Sup. Cmmdr: Can't Find 2nd Disk...

Casp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 10 21:12:02 CST 2010

Hi, Everyone...

I love WINE but am getting a bit light headed...

While attempting to install SW: EAW and Supreme Commander (Gold) both installs stop to request a second disk (though SC is a single DVD) and both ask for the same "data3.cab" file.

SW:EAW is a CD and requests that the second disk be inserted.  I get that.  What I don't understand is the path to the disk.  WINE identifies the drive as D:; my Ubuntu (Karmic) identifies it as Z: /media/xx.  Neither path works/is recognized.

Could someone please advise me how to sort this out.  I have installed a couple of multi-CD games before w/ no incident.  WINE version is latest: 1.1.38.

Thanks so much,

C.